The hospitals are never very pleasant; and they are particularly depressing when you are there intending to see a friend. The interior of hospitals is a damned labyrinth built by a lunatic. Corridors on and below ground level, that connect a dozen of separate constructions, that form a hospital. In all the
I walked through a corridor, smelling the typical scent of a hospital, a combination of alcohol, antiseptic and soap.. a clean and intense scent. Two women in a nurses' outfits booth looked at me. I listened to them speak and I knew that I was in the correct place.
- My God! That must be him.
- I never believed that, being a nurse, I would meet somebody from the White House.
- I have heard say that he has a habit of chewing the hardest Republicans and then spitting their pieces.
- Shhhh! He's coming closer.
- Good night. Can I help you? - said me the nurse while she bit her lip.
- I'm looking for Sam Seaborn, I said moodily.
She looked at me, examining me attentively.
- My name is Sunny Sork. Doctor Craig Clatten informed us that you would come.
The nurse remained looking at me for a moment and suddenly said.
- Dammit! - she exclaimed they told me that you were rude, but now I can be sure they didn't make a mistake. I will accompany you to where the doctor is.
She walked before me and I followed her. I have a very bad temper. I know it and though
she tried to control me, the truth is that I am gloomy and rough with
We arrived to a room which a man who should be the Dr. Craig Clatten exited; he wore a white hospital jacket. He bent forward and I saw a stethoscope hanging
- I want to see Sam Seaborn, - I didn't want to see a damned doctor. He looked at me with a deep, inquisitive and examining expression.
- Mr.. Seaborn arrived to the ER at almost three in the morning. He was semi-conscious
when he came; a taxi driver brought him here. His problem without a
- How is he? - I interrupted.
- He is in one room , he will stay 24 hours hospitalized under observation so we can rule out a hematome...- the doctor saw me anxious, -... if you accompany me, I will take you to him.
- Toby Ziegler.
- CJ, what happened now?
- Now ? What else happened? How do you know that something happened?
- I donīt know, - I said in an exasperated tone, - call it persecutory mania.
- Toby, I have just talked with Danny. He says that Sam was attacked. And...
- How did he know that? - I interrupted her.
- Jesus, - she said, it is true. Where are you?.
- In the hospital en route to seeing him.
- I'm coming there now..
- How did Danny know it, CJ? - I raised my voice.
- Someone called the newspaper saying that the person who attacked Sam Seaborn would give a statement in a police station and... - the interference was heavier.
- Hello? CJ?
- Mr.. Ziegler, we are walking by the Diagnosis and Treatment Area; the teams of Camera Gamma and MRI emit waves that interfere with cellular phones.